A quick guide to maximizing your wax melting experience. Let's enhance those rituals!
Step 1- Choosing the Correct Melter
- Moonbeams wax melts work in numerous types of melters (tea light, hot plate, and electric). When it comes to choosing the right melter for you it truly comes down to personal preference, though we suggest electric or hot plate, as the heat is more regulated than an open flame tea light.
- Place your melter on a safe and stable surface out of reach from children, pets, and flammable items.
Step 2- How Much Wax to Use
- Pop in the desired amount of wax. We suggest one square per melter (with was melts, most of the time less is more)! After the wax has melted if the scent is not sufficient, add another square, but do NOT overfill bowl.
Step 3- Changing Scents
- When the melt loses its scent or you're ready to change scents, then it's time to swap out your scent! Simply warm up the wax once more and sop up with a clean cotton ball (or paper towel), and dispose accordingly.
We asked our Manbeam (a professional firefighter) for help with the following tips to keep you and your family (furry friends too!) safe when melting our products. While unlike candles, wax melts don't necessarily use open flame (unless melting with a tea light burner) caution should still be used when melting to avoid possible injury/burning.
- Keep products in a cool, dry environment away from direct sunlight and use only for their intended purpose.
- Keep wax melters out of reach from children and pets.
- Avoid touching your eyes or mouth after handling wax melts to avoid irritation or an unpleasant taste.
- No matter how much you want to... DO NOT CONSUME!
And of course, never leave your wax melter unattended!